If you do a poll for the question what is the biggest luxury in life? People may respond with different answers depending on their stage of life: for example
- owning a big mansion,
- having a chartered plane or a big boat,
- no work, no schedule, just sleeping, or travelling.
- Or any such fancy imagination depending on their state of mind that time they may answer any of these.
Now take a minute and think about a time when you were sick, unwell, deep injury, or going through a tough medication. And recollect what would you have said if the same question was asked to you “what is the biggest luxury of life?” I am 100% sure there will be just one answer getting back to fitness would be a unanimous answer.
So what do we learn from this? This, this time when you are physically and mentally fit is a luxury and do whatever you need to do to stay that way. If it means dropping a bad addiction or starting to remain physically active do that. Now is the time to take that action to retain the biggest luxury of life.
For enjoying all other goodness of life first you need yourself to be in a physical and mental state to enjoy it.
So what can we do?
- Start with 2 days in a week to walk for an hour.
- Do some weights exercises if that excites you
- Take frequent breaks from a continuous sitting or sleeping.
- Best option of them all: RUN. even if for just 5 minutes in a day for 2 days in a week.
Reduce refined sugar.
This may sound a lot of preaching, but having a strong body, strong immunity and a healthy mind are the least we can do for the greatest asset we truly own: OUR BODY.